48-10/100Mbps + 4G Web Smart Switch
High-Density / Cost-effective Network Connection Solution
The PLANET FGSW-4840S is a 10 / 100 / 1000Mbps Ethernet Switch that provides 48 10 / 100Base-TX Ports respectively with 2 10 / 100 / 1000Base-T ports and 2-SFP Mini-GBIC interfaces. The FGSW-4840S offers wire-speed packet transfer performance without risks of packet loss. The high data throughput of this device makes it ideal for most Gigabit environments, especially upgrading network to a Gigabit environment.
The 48 Fast Ethernet Ports and 2 Gigabit Ethernet ports support 10 / 100Mbps and 10 / 100 / 1000Mbps Auto-Negotiation for optimal speed detection through RJ-45 category 6, 5 or 5e cables. All the ports also support Auto-MDI / MDI-X that can detect the type of connection to any Ethernet device without requiring special straight or crossover cables. Moreover, the FGSW-4840S provides 2 SFP Mini-GBIC interfaces for fiber extension to uplink to a server or a network backbone as well.
Friendly / Advanced Web-Based Management
After configured IP address, the FGSW-4840S will shortly provide Smart management functions through the Web management interface. Functions such as per port speed, QoS settings, Trunking and port-based VLAN can be found in the friendly user interface of web browsers. The FGSW-4840S provides 802.1Q Tagged VLAN. The VLAN groups allowed on the FGSW-4840S will be maximally up to 256. And the FGSW-4840S also supports MTU VLAN (Multi-Tenant Unit VLAN) which means to the uplink ports and buildup several VLANs with each of the other ports. Each VLAN contains two ports, the uplink port and one of the other ports, in the FGSW-4840S, so the uplink port can communicate with any other ports but other ports can't communicate with each other. These features provide a cost-effective method to manage the devices from Internet whenever you are at work or at home.
• 48-Port 10 / 100Mbps Ethernet ports RJ-45
• 2 10 / 100 / 1000Mbps Gigabit ports
• 2-SFP mini-GBIC interfaces
Layer 2 Features
• Complies with IEEE 802.3, 10Base-T, IEEE 802.3u, 100Base-TX and IEEE
802.3ab, 1000Base-T, IEEE 802.3z, 1000Base-SX / LX Ethernet standard
• upports Auto-negotiation and half duplex / full duplex modes for
all 10Base-T / 100Base-TX and 1000Base-T ports
• Auto-MDI / MDI-X detection for each RJ-45 port
• Prevents packet loss wtih back pressure (Half-Duplex) and IEEE 802.3x PAUSE
frame flow control (Full-Duplex)
• High performance of Store-and-Forward architecture, broadcast storm control
and runt / CRC filtering eliminate erroneous packets to optimize the network
• 8K MAC address table, automatic source address learning and ageing
• Supports 256 IEEE 802.1Q Tagged based VLAN groups.
• Supports up to 8 Trunk groups, and each trunk group can be up to maximum ports
• Port Mirroring to monitor the incoming or outgoing traffic on a particular port
• Static MAC address and filtering MAC address management
Quality of Service
• 4 priority queues on all Switch ports.
• Supports QoS and bandwidth control on each port
• Supports IEEE 802.1p or Port-Based Priority mode
• Port Security
• WEB-based management
• Built-in Trivial File Transfer Protocol (TFTP) client