USB 2.0 Extender over CAT5
up to 330 feet (100m)
Gefen's USB 2.0 LR extends high-speed USB devices simply and reliably.
The compact USB 2.0 LR Sender/Receiver units install in minutes and fully support all USB versions (V1.1 and V2.0), at speeds of up to 480 mbps -- essential for high-performance applications such as digital imaging and interactive gaming.
The two-port USB 2.0 LR hub is ideal for remotely accessing laser printers, scanners, web cameras, external hard drives, CD/DVD burners, and flash drives. Additional applications include security, industrial control, digital signage, scientific data acquisition and much more due to the universal implementation of USB standards.
How It Works
Gefen's USB 2.0 LR Sender unit connects to the host (for example, a computer). The Receiver unit is connected to USB device(s) at the desired extended location. A CAT5 cable is installed between the two modules. The 5V power supply is attached to the Receiver. Any USB device(s) plugged into the Receiver are now seen by the host.
LEDs on the Sender and Receiver units indicate power, CAT5 link status, and data transmission activity.
Gefen's USB 2.0 LR supports all major operating systems -- Windows, MacOS and Linux. No software drivers are required.
A powered USB hub may be connected to the USB 2.0 Extender LR Receiver to allow more USB devices to be extended. A maximum of 14 USB devices (including hubs) may be connected to the USB 2.0 LR Receiver.
- Operate USB 2.0 peripherals up to 330ft (100m) from a computer
- Supports low and high-speed USB
- Uses industry-standard CAT5, CAT5e, or CAT6 cable
- Supports all major operating systems -- Windows, MacOS and Linux.
- True plug-and-play, 100% hardware solution with no drivers required
- Operates at full 480 Mbps speed when running in USB 2.0 mode
- Receiver supports up to 2 USB powered connections at 500 mA each
- USB 2.0 Speed: 480 Mbps
- Link Connectors: RJ-45 Shielded
- USB Connectors: Transmitter: (1) USB type B
- USB Connectors: Receiver: (2) USB type A
- Dimensions of Transmitter: 1.5" W x 1.2" H x 3.3" D
- Dimensions of Receiver: 3.4" W x 1.1" H x 1.3" D
- Two 500 mA DC powered USB ports at Receiver
- Power Supply: External 5V DC @ 10W max. power consumption
- Operating Temperature: 0-70 C
- Unit Weight: Transmitter: 0.16 lbs.
- Unit Weight: Receiver: 0.44 lbs.
- Shipping Weight: 2 lbs.