4-Port Ethernet over VDSL2 Bridge (Profile 30a)
100/100Mbps Downstream / upstream, high Performance Ethernet over VDSL Solution
The PLANET VC-234 is an Ethernet-over-VDSL2 Bridge with high performance. It is designed based on two core networking technology, Ethernet and VDSL2 (Very-high-data-rate Digital Subscriber Line 2). The VDSL2 technology offers absolutely fastest data transmission speed over existing copper telephone lines without the need of rewiring. The VC-234 supports ultra-high performance to the pervasive telephone line network with up to 100/100Mbps symmetric data rate within 300m and 20/4Mbps for 1.4km long range connections.
Implements with Existing Telephone Copper Wires
The VC-234 is also a Long Reach Ethernet (LRE) Bridge providing four RJ-45 Ethernet ports and two RJ-11 phone jacks, in which one is for VDSL connection and the other one is for POTS (Plain Old Telephone Service) connection. The VC-234 has built-in POTS splitter to share the existing phone line with POTS; therefore it is no need of replacing the existing copper wiring. Just plug the VC-234 into the existing RJ-11 telephone jack and a high-performance VDSL2 network can be connected. The VC-234 is ideal to be used as an Ethernet extender to an existing Ethernet network.
Delivers High-Demand Service Connectivity for ISP / Triple Play Devices
The VC-234 provides excellent bandwidth to satisfy the triple play devices for home entertainment and communication. With the capability of 100/100Mbps symmetric data transmission, the VC-234 enables many Multi-Media services to work on local Internet, such as VOD (Video on Demand), Voice over IP, Video phone, IPTV, Internet caching server, distance education, and so on.
• Cost-Effective VDSL2 Profile 17a/30a CO / CPE bridge solution
• One box design, CO / CPE selectable via DIP Switch
• Defines symmetric band plan for the transmission of upstream and downstream signals
• Complies with IEEE 802.3, 10Base-T, IEEE 802.3u, 100Base-TX and IEEE 802.3x, Flow control Ethernet
• DMT (Discrete Multi-Tone) line coding
• Half duplex Back pressure and IEEE 802.3x Full Duplex Pause frame flow control
• Built-in POTS splitter to share voice and data
• Two RJ-11 connectors for each VDSL port, one for VDSL connection and one for POST connection
• Voice and data communication can be shared simultaneously based on the existing telephone wire
• Four 10/100Mbps RJ-45 port, Auto-Negotiation and Auto-MDI/MDI-X
• Supports up to 1536 bytes packet size, IEEE 802.1Q VLAN tag transparent
• Hardware IGMP Snooping for Multimedia service
• VDSL2 stand-alone transceiver for simple bridge modem application
• Advantage of minimum installation time (Simply as Plug-and-Play)
• Selectable target profile and target SNR margin
• Supports extensive LED indicators for network diagnosis