1-port RS-232 PCI Express Serial Low Profile Board with Power Output
SUNIX SER6427PL, PCI Express serial communication board, supports +5 or +12VDC power via serial COM 1st and 9th pin output. It's convenient for users connecting serial devices without addition external power supply.
SUNIX SER6427PL meets the PCI Express Base Specification Revision 2.0. It is compatible with PCI Express x1, x2, x4, x8 and x16 lane Bus allowing it to be installed in any PC-based system with low profile bracket structure. The majorities of today’s motherboards does equipped with serial ports or only have one serial port. With SUNIX PCI Express serial board, users can add one serial port to their system, allowing them to use serial devices further. This serial board has 128-bytes onboard FIFO buffer and compatible with 16C950 UART specification. It is designed with SUNIX native PCI Express UART controller, SUN2212 and as well built with many of SUNIX advanced features and technologies, making it the best solution for commercial and industrial automation applications.
• Expands one RS-232 serial port with communication speeds up to 115.2Kbps.
• High reliable SUN2212 16C950 compatible native PCI Express UART controller on-board.
• Designed to meet PCI Express Base Specification Revision 2.0.
• Supports x1, x2, x4, x8, x16 (lane) PCI Express Bus connector keys.
• Provides RS-232 serial ports with +5 or +12 VDC power output via COM 1st or 9th pin.
• On-chip hardware auto flow control to guarantee no data loss.
• Built-in ± 15KV ESD protection for all serial signals meets IEC1000-4-2 standard.
• Plug-n-Play, I/O address and IRQ assigned by BIOS.
• Low profile bracket design idea for slim or portable PC.
• Certified by CE, FCC, RoHS, and Microsoft WHQL approval.
• Support Microsoft Windows, Linux, UNIX, QNX, and DOS operation system.
Optional 5V / 12V / Signal Output over COM
For SUNIX PoweredIO Serial card, user can select +5VDC and +12VDC power output over both COM 1st or 9th pins. In addition, this board also keeps the original RS-232 signal for traditional application using. In order to make sure the power stable and convenient, the DC power sources from the system power supply over standard floppy power socket. SUNIX PoweredIO Serial card is designed for users who want to connect serial peripherals without using extra power adaptor.
Reliable Circuit Protection
Each RS-232 port is protected with a 1.1 Amp PTC (Positive Temperature Coefficient) resettable fuse. The PTC may temporarily allow more that 1.1 Amp to be drained. Typically, a PTC will shut off after approximately 15 seconds drawing more than 1.9 Amp. The PTC will turn off the power for each individual port if an unusual overload is sustained. Besides in order to satisfy kinds of serial device power requirements, each RS-232 port can support 1100mA output in the PCB circuit design